October 31, 2014

Finishing "The flatlands"

Adding some detailed stitches in pink 

The mouth with its recent additions

Making my final notes about materials and process

The finished piece

"The flatlands" is finally finished, after almost two years of effort.

And it feels very good to be here. Especially since almost every aspect of making this piece was a learning process – painting with fabric paints, working with organdy, using a table stand, layering two fabric panels together, hanging the piece with dowel rods, etc.  In my studio journal, I made lots of notes along the way about what I did, what I learned and what not to do again (like try to stitch straight lines on organdy, for one).  I'm itching to start my next project, but right now I'm going to sit back and savor this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment